Software Engineer for Data Systems
The Data Science and Technology (DST) Department, in the Computational Research Division (CRD) at Berkeley Lab develops software and tools to enable scientists to address complex and large-scale computing and data analysis problems beyond what is possible today. DST engages in partnerships with scientists to understand their computing and data analysis challenges to develop leading-edge solutions. Our research areas address aspects of scientific data quality and understanding that are not adequately addressed by existing frameworks and tools. Details on current projects are available on http://dst.lbl.gov.
The Data Science and Technology department in the Computational Research Division has an immediate opening for a Computer Systems Engineer (CSE), who will join the team on a wide array of research and development projects. This position will be filled at a level 2 or 3.
What You Will Do:
- Code, design and develop software solutions to enable scientific research, as part of diverse teams including computer engineers and domain scientists.
- Deploy, install, configure, integrate, and test software systems using “DevOps” style best practices for scalable infrastructure.
- Enable data pipelines related to scientific computing systems through data collection, manipulation, analysis and access.
- Provide input to domain science and/or computer science research papers suitable for submission to peer-reviewed venues.
For full description and to apply please visit: https://lbl.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/digital-libraries-and-metadata-specialist-1770
Postdoctoral Fellow Earth and Environmental Sciences Area
Berkeley Lab’s Earth and Environmental Sciences Area (EESA) has an opening for a Postdoctoral Fellow to join the Environmental Systems Science Data Infrastructure for a Virtual Ecosystem (ESS-DIVE) project. ESS-DIVE is a DOE data repository that stores diverse datasets from terrestrial and subsurface ecosystem research projects.
The postdoc will join the ESS-DIVE research and development team working on community engagement, data standards and building tools for data use.
What You Will Do:
- Research and provide recommendations on community standards for environmental data.
- Work with the community to adopt existing standards or define new standards as needed.
- Build file parsers, quality checkers and other tools to enable advanced search, integration and visualization of data submitted in standardized formats.
- Collaborate extensively with the DOE Environmental Systems Science (ESS) research community.
We are seeking candidates with prior experience in data synthesis or analysis, and strong coding skills.
For full description and to apply please visit: https://jobs.lbl.gov/jobs/postdoctoral-fellow-ess-dive-project-2076